Christmas is a joyful and fun holiday that everybody loves. If you want to have fun with children during the Christmas holiday, you should try our best Christmas riddles for kids. Continue reading to find out ways to entertain your kids for Christmas.
Although Christmas is a fun holiday for everyone, it is still the adult’s job to entertain kids. Kids love jokes and riddles. Unlike board games, you need no preparation! Also, you can use Christmas riddles anywhere, anytime. You can ask these questions for kids in a car while heading to your family’s house, or you can use these at home during game night.
Christmas Riddles for Kids
Check out these fun Christmas riddles and see if your kids can answer all!
- How many presents can Santa fit into his empty sack?
Answer: Only one. Then it’s not empty anymore.
- I had $10 and went shopping for Christmas presents. I bought each member of my family: brother, sister, father, and mother a present for $1 each. How much money do I have left?
- What weighs more? A pound of mashed potatoes or a pound of turkey?
Answer: Neither. They both weigh 1 pound.
- Tommy has 20 Santa balloons for his Christmas party. He burst 7 of them. How many balloons are left?
Answer: There are 13 balloons left.
- It is 5:15 a.m. on Christmas morning, and Tom wants to open presents. His mom says he has to wait until 7:30. How long does Tom have to wait?
Answer: He has to wait another 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- John has 21 candies in his stocking. He wants to eat them all in one week. How many should he eat each day?
- What falls at the North Pole and never gets hurt?
- I come in a lot of colors. I turn houses into a beautiful sight around the holidays. What am I?
Answer: Christmas lights
- You place a skirt around my bottom once I’ve been cut down. On the other end is a star or angel. What am I?
Answer: a Christmas tree
- Open me every day in the days leading up to Christmas. Behind each of the doors, you will discover a tasty treat. What am I?
Answer: Advent calendar
- Although it might look like I belong on your toes, I’m actually hung up for Santa. What am I?
Answer: Christmas stocking
- I am a plant seen at Christmas. People stand beneath me and kiss someone they love. What am I?
- I can be made from evergreens, pine cones, or berries, and I am round. You can find me on the front doors at Christmas. What am I?
Answer: a wreath
- I am a small, brightly colored object that is hung on Christmas trees. What am I?
Answer: an ornament
- You might make me this Christmas to admire or to eat. What am I?
Answer: gingerbread house
- We traveled from the East, following a bright star, bringing gifts. Who were we?
Answer: the 3 wise men
- Which two letters of the alphabet describe Santa’s sack after Christmas?
Answer: M & T
- I’m red and green, and if you try me, you’ll get “hooked.” What am I?
Answer: a candy cane
- If Santa’s five elves take five minutes to make five dolls, them how long do you think 100 elves will need to make 100 dolls?
Answer: five minutes
- What is a snowman’s favourite drink?
Answer: Ice tea
More Christmas Activities for Kids
If you want more fun Christmas games and activities for kids that require no prep, check out these short and fun activity videos.
Christmas Guessing Game
Play a fun Christmas edition guessing game with your kids. You will be given three short descriptions of a thing related to Christmas. After looking at the descriptions, try to guess what it is.
Also be sure to check this out: Christmas Idioms.
Would You Rather? Christmas Edition
Kids love playing the would you rather game. This video shows you some of the best Christmas would you rather questions for kids.
Christmas Facts for Kids
How well do your kids know about Christmas? Watch this short video that teaches kids the history of Christmas, along with some fun facts.
FAQs About Christmas Riddles for Kids
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about kids riddles for Christmas.
How do you entertain kids on Christmas?
Fun ways to entertain your kids on Christmas that require no preparation: jokes, trivia questions, riddles, would you rather game, guessing game, and vocabulary quiz.
What are some riddles for Christmas?
Here are some good Christmas riddles:
- What do snowmen eat for breakfast? (Answer: Frosted flakes)
- What kind of music do elves listen to? (Answer: Wrap music)
- Why did the cookie go to the doctor? (Answer: because it felt crummy)
- Why don’t snowmen use iPhones? (Answer: They always have cold fingers)
- What do you call a reindeer with no eyes? (Answer: I have no eye deer)
What are some good Christmas questions?
Check out these good Christmas questions to ask kids:
- Why did Santa’s helper see the doctor? (Answer: because he had low elf-esteem)
- Why did the Christmas tree go to the barber? (Answer: to get a trim)
- What do snowmen wear on their heads? (Answer: Ice caps)
- What’s black and white and red all over at Christmas? (Answer: Santa Claus after he slid down the chimney)
- Why did Santa go to school for music? (Answer: So he could improve his wrapping skills)
Christmas Riddles: Join the Conversation
What are your thoughts on these fun holiday riddles for children? Try asking these questions to your kids and let us know which one was your kid’s favourite question. We’d love to hear from you!