If you’re an English teacher, then I’m sure that you are quite familiar with conversation questions ESL. They’re the heart of many of our lessons with teenagers, university students, or adults. But, where to find these English conversation questions?
Sure, you can make your own questions but that takes time that many of us don’t have. Or, you can search around on the Internet for ESL conversation questions but there are often lists with 20, 30, or even more questions. It can be overwhelming when you just want something to print off and take to class.
What’s the solution? This book with 67 universal topics, each with 15 interesting and engaging questions. Just the good stuff without all the fluff. You’ll be able to find what you’re looking for in seconds and then head to class for some interesting conversations with the students. Or, even better is to print off copies of these questions, put students into pairs, and let them get to talking.
The ultimate solution for free-talking, conversation, or speaking classes for English learners? I certainly think so and my guess is that you’ll agree. Keep on reading to find out more about one of my favorite resources for teaching English.
1005 Conversation Questions for English Learners
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Bolen, Jackie (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 76 Pages - 07/02/2020 (Publication Date)
If you want to have a ton of conversation questions ESL right at your fingertips, then you’ll want to pick up this book over on Amazon: 1005 ESL Conversation Questions for Teenagers and Adults.
Keep a copy on your phone or tablet in case of emergency—those last-minute classes that can get thrown at you. Pull out these questions and it’ll be perfect for a discussion of 30 minutes to an hour with teenage or adult students. There are 67 topics with 15 questions each so you’ll be able to find the perfect one for your group.
Or, get the physical copy of the book and copy the questions before heading to class. Students can easily do some “free-talking” with a partner. The topics are timeless and correspond to what you can find in many ESL textbooks so they make a nice activity for the end of class. Or, use them as a standalone lesson too.
Whatever the case, get ready for some ESL teaching awesome in your life with these interesting, engaging, and detailed questions about a variety of topics. Head over to Amazon to pick up the book today:
Can I See a Sample from the Book?
Sure, I know that there are a ton of people who like to try before they buy. If you’re that kind of person, have a look here at one of the topics and ESL conversation questions from the book.
1. Are birthdays important to you? Why or why not?
2. How are birthdays usually celebrated in your country?
3. How do young kids celebrate their birthday at school in your country?
4. Have you ever thrown a surprise birthday party or had one thrown for you?
5. Have you ever forgotten an important birthday of someone close to you?
6. Do you have a memorable past birthday memory? What made it memorable?
7. Do you have any bad birthday memories? What happened?
8. Do you prefer to organize your own birthday party or have someone else organize it for you?
9. Are birthdays in your family important? How do you celebrate them?
10. What do you think about elaborate, expensive birthday parties for little kids (1-5 years old)?
11. Do you think turning 40, 50, or 60 is exciting or depressing? Or, some other adjective?
12. What are some memorable birthday presents that you’ve received?
13. How much do you usually spend on a birthday present for a family member?
14. What do you think about birthday cards? Nice, or a waste of money?
15. Does anyone famous have the same birthday as you? Or a friend or family member?
Or, check out these questions:
Have your Say about Conversation Questions ESL
Do you have any go-to sources for English conversation questions for adults? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other busy English teachers, like yourself, find this useful resource.
Last update on 2021-02-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API