If you’re looking for some simple debate topics or easy topics to debate, then you’re in the right place! Have some fun talking about these easy topics for discussion. They’re perfect for children or English learners.
Easy Topics for Debate
Check out this list of easy topics to debate. Have some fun with friends or in class with these ideas!
- Should children have chores?
- Cats or dogs: which make a better pet?
- People should study music in school. Agree or disagree?
- Part-time jobs are good for high school students.
- We should eat less meat.
- Smoking should be banned.
- Homework is a waste of time.
- University and college should be free.
- Cellphones have no place in schools.
- Pizza is the most delicious food.
- McDonald’s is the best fast-food
- Museums should be free.
- The legal drinking and smoking age should be 21.
- Plastic should be banned.
- Gas cars should be made illegal.
- Summer is better than winter.
- Bottled water should be banned.
- Public transportation should be cheaper.
- Living forever would be terrible.
- MAC or PC?
- Medical care should be free.
- Animals should not be used for medical testing.
Those are the best, easy topics to argue about. Let us know if you have one that you’d like us to add to the list!
Do you need more things to debate about? Check out our full list here.
FAQs About Easy Topics to Debate
There are some popular questions that people have about these easy topics to debate. Here are the answers to some of the most common ones.
What are the easiest topics to debate?
Here are some of the simplest topics to debate:
- Cats or dogs. Which one is a better pet?
- Children should have chores. Agree or disagree?
- Homework is a waste of time. Agree or disagree?
- High school students should have part-time jobs.
- People waste too much time on Smartphones. Agree or disagree?
How should a beginner debate?
Here are some tips for beginners who are getting started with debate:
- Speak clearly and loudly enough.
- Use pauses to emphasize key points.
- Make eye contact and use gestures.
- Research both sides of the argument.
- Listen carefully to what your opponent says.
How can I do an easy debate in class?
To do an easy debate in class, here are some steps to follow:
- Choose a topic.
- Set up the rules for the debate.
- Divide students into teams and allow time for research and preparation.
- Each team can give an opening argument.
- Each team can simply refute what the other team has said.
- Allow a brief time for final arguments.
What are some good debate topics for teens?
Need More Easy Debate Topic Ideas?
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Bolen, Jackie (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 94 Pages - 05/30/2015 (Publication Date)
If you’re an English teacher, then I’m sure you need more speaking ideas for the classroom. Check out this book on Amazon: 39 No-Prep/Low-Prep ESL Speaking Activities for Teenagers and Adults. The key to better English classes is a wide variety of interesting and engaging activities and games and this book will help you get there in style.
Pick up your copy of the book and get ready for better English classes tomorrow. It’s available in a wide variety of formats. Have a l0ok right here:
Easy Topics for Debate: Join the Conversation
Do you have any easy topics for arguing or debating or things to talk about that you’d like to add to the list? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Last update on 2022-07-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API