When the weather gets cold, you’re going to need some sweaters, gloves, boots, and earmuffs to stay warm. Or, maybe you’re going on vacation to Canada or Europe and want to be prepared! Check out this list of winter clothes names in English, along with pictures, and a handy comparison chart. You don’t have to “freeze,” just wear some of these items of clothing.
Winter Clothes Names in English
Have a look at this winter clothes list to help you stay warm when it’s cold outside. It’s one of favorite seasons!
- fleece jacket
- long underwear
- ski goggles
- ski jacket
- snow pants
- toque (Canada), beanie (USA)
- wool socks
List of Winter Clothes
Need to stay warm when the weather is cold? Here are the names of the things you need, along with pictures.
toque (Canada) / beanie (USA)
Winter Season Clothes Chart
Check out this handy chart that has things like boots, gloves, goggles, and more. Learn the names of the clothes you need for when it’s cold outside easily!
How to Remember the Winter Clothes Names?
Here are some tips and tricks for remembering winter clothing names.
- This list of names, along with pictures is a good place to start! Look through the list and make note of any that you don’t know.
- Consider making flashcards, with the name in English, and then the word in your first language on the other side. Study them whenever you have a few minutes to spare. Make sure you switch the sides of the cards, and eventually know the English names, after looking at the word of your first language.
- Touch the items, if you have them, and say the word out loud. This can help improve retention.
- Study together with a friend and give each other small tests. This can help to increase motivation.
- Whenever you put on one of the items of clothing, say it out loud as you’re doing it.
- Use post-it notes on the names of the clothing around your house.
More English Vocabulary
Are you learning English? There are lots more charts and lists, besides winter clothing. Have a look:
- Things that come in pairs.
- Water animals names.
- Animal sounds list.
- List of fruits with pictures.
- Common abbreviations.
- Vegetable names.
- Names of colours in English.
Winter Clothing FAQs
There are a number of common questions that people have about winter clothing. Here are the answers to some of the most popular ones.
What is a common name for a cold weather head covering that typically has two ear flaps and ties under the chin?
A common name for this type of head covering is “earmuffs” or “earflap hat.”
What is a popular term for a long, warm, and thickly padded coat worn during the winter?
A popular term for this type of coat is a “parka.”
What is the name for a close-fitting garment worn around the neck and lower face to provide warmth during winter?
The name for this garment is a “scarf” or “neck warmer.”
What is a common term for a waterproof and insulated footwear designed to keep the feet warm and dry during winter?
A common term for this type of footwear is “snow boots” or “winter boots.”
What is the name for a protective covering for the hands, typically made of thick material or lined with insulation to keep them warm during winter?
The name for this type of hand covering is “gloves” or “mittens.”
Winter Clothes Names: Join the Conversation
Did you find this list of winter season clothes useful? Leave a comment and let us know. We’d love to hear from you!