One of the most important things that kids learn about is the many countries that exist in our world. Countries are closely tied to geography, which is a subject often loved by children. A great way to teach your kids or students about countries is by playing a trivia game. Use our 20 best country trivia questions for kids to make learning more fun.
Trivia Questions for Kids
You might wonder how trivia questions might be able to help kids with learning. Here are some benefits of incorporating trivia into children’s learning.
- Trivia questions encourage kids to be curious and to find learning fun.
- Playing trivia games helps kids develop memory skills by trying to remember and recall facts they have learned before.
- Kids can develop cognitive skills (e.g., critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, analytical reasoning) by answering trivia questions.
- Children learn something new by playing trivia games; therefore, they build knowledge.
Country Trivia Questions
Here are the 20 best trivia questions about countries for kids. Let’s see how well you can answer these questions.
- Which country is the home to the Great Wall?
- What is the capital city of Australia?
- What is the national language of Canada?
Answer: English and French
- What is the capital city of Egypt?
- What is the national flower of Japan?
Answer: Cherry Blossom
- What is the national bird of the United States?
Answer: Bald Eagle
- What is the national animal of Canada?
- What is the official language of the United States?
Answer: USA does not have an official language
- Which country is the home to Mount Everest?
- What is the national language of Brazil?
- What is the national language of Mexico?
- Which country is known for chocolates and waffles?
- What is the national animal of Australia?
- What is the capital city of South Korea?
- What is the national sport of Japan?
Answer: Sumo wrestling
- Which country started the Olympic Games?
- Which country started the tradition of using umbrellas?
- In which country was the telephone invented?
Answer: the United States
- In which country was the bicycle invented?
- In which country was the first ATM (Automatic Teller Machine) invented?
More Trivia Questions for Children
If you are looking for more trivia questions for kids, check out these other topics:
- Pop Culture Trivia Questions
- Sports Trivia Questions
- Science Trivia Questions
- 30 Animal Trivia Questions
- 30 Fun Food Trivia Questions
FAQs About Country Trivia
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about country trivia questions for kids.
What are some good country trivia questions?
Here are some good country trivia questions to ask kids:
- Which country is known for sushi? (Answer: sushi)
- Which country is the home to the Dead Sea? (Answer: Jordan)
- What country is the largest in size? (Answer: Russia)
- Which country is the home to Colosseum? (Answer: Italy)
- What is the capital city of Spain? (Answer: Madrid)
What are common questions about the world?
Check out these common questions about the world to ask children:
- What is the most populous country in the world? (Answer: China)
- What is the currency of India? (Answer: Rupee)
- What is the currency of France? (Answer: Euro)
- Which countries have Niagra Falls in between their borders? (Answer: Canada and the USA)
What are some questions about country superlatives?
Here are some county superlatives questions that are great for trivia:
- Which countries have the tallest mountain in the world? (Answer: Nepal and Tibet)
- Which country has the most lakes in the world? (Answer: Canada)
- What’s the lowest country in the world? (Answer: The Maldives)
- What’s the smallest country in the world? (Answer: Vatican City)
Country Questions for Kids: Join the Conversation
What are your thoughts on these country questions for kids? Did you learn something new by solving these questions? If you know a good question that should be added to our list, let us know in the comments. We’d love to hear from you!