Are you looking for a fun way for your kids or students to learn about foods? If yes, check out our best food trivia questions for kids with answers. By solving these trivia questions, students will learn new vocabulary and knowledge about foods in a very entertaining way!
Trivia questions are questions that test someone’s knowledge of a certain topic. Trivia questions are often used as games, quizzes, or competitions. That’s why a lot of teachers like to use trivia questions in class.
Websites like Kahoot help teachers do a fun and competitive trivia competition in the classroom. Some teachers stick with the traditional way of using PowerPoint slides to do trivia games.
Food Trivia Questions for Kids
Our fun food trivia questions are divided into 3 different categories: easy, tricky, and difficult. Ask these questions depending on the level of knowledge of your kid or student.
Easy Food Trivia Questions
- What is the main ingredient in guacamole?
- Which vegetable is sauerkraut made from?
- What do you call a person who doesn’t eat animal-based food?
- Which vitamin does an orange have a lot?
Answer: Vitamin C
- What is the sweet and sticky substance that bees make?
- What is used to make hummus?
- What nutrient comes from egg, meat, and fish?
- Are tomatoes fruit or vegetable?
- What is the full form of PBJ sandwich?
Answer: Peanut Butter Jelly sandwich
- What are dried grapes called?
More food vocabulary here: Drink names list.
Tricky Food Trivia Questions
- What is the natural colour of Coca-Cola if you don’t include artificial colours?
- Bangers and mash is a popular food in England. What is it?
Answer: sausages and mashed potatoes
- This fruit is brown on the outside and white on the inside. If it falls off the tree, watch out! What is it?
- What is the very large, smelly fruit that you can find in many Asian countries?
- Which fruit or vegetable has the highest fat content?
- What is a dried plum called?
- What is the main nutrient of rice?
- What is the most commonly consumed vegetable in the world?
- What is the world’s largest ice cream company?
Answer: Baskin Robbins
- What food do pandas eat?
Difficult Food Questions
- Which fruit was once known as a Chinese gooseberry?
- How many small black seeds does an average strawberry have?
- How many apples does the average apple tree produce in one year?
- Which country was Hawaiian pizza invented?
- Which country is the largest producer of coffee?
- Which religion doesn’t allow eating beef?
- Which vegetable has the highest percentage of water?
- Which is the most popular type of pasta?
- Which country were french fries invented?
- Which country does Kimchi come from?
FAQs About Food Trivia Questions for Kids
Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions about trivia questions for children about food.
What are some good food trivia questions?
Good food trivia questions for children:
- What is the famous traditional Canadian food made of french fries and gravy? (Answer: poutine)
- Are pumpkins fruit or vegetables? (Answer: fruit)
- What fast food restaurant sells Big Mac? (Answer: McDonalds)
- What are humans: omnivores, carnivores, or herbivores? (Answer: omnivores)
How do you make trivia fun for kids?
Make trivia a fun group game. Put kids in groups, and use websites like Kahoot to organize the game. If you don’t have Kahoot, you can always make an interactive trivia game with PPT! Making trivia a game will help kids be more competitive and eager to learn!
What are the benefits of trivia questions?
Trivia questions encourage kids to learn something new about a topic, improve their memory, and develop critical thinking. If you make it a game for a group, trivia questions will also help kids improve their social skills.
Food Trivia Questions for Kids: Join the Conversation
What are your thoughts on these fun food trivia questions for children? Were any of these questions challenging? We hope you learned something new from these trivia questions! Let us know how it went. We’d love to hear from you.