wKids love sports, don’t they? Are you looking for a fun way to test the knowledge of your kids or students about sports? If yes, then you are definitely at the right place. We will be sharing the top 30 most interesting sports trivia questions for kids, and of course, they all come with answers.
Benefits of Sports Trivia
Sports trivia questions aren’t just fun, but they are also really useful. Here are a few reasons why you should make your students or kids solve sports trivia questions.
- Learn new facts and information about sports.
- Sports trivia questions help kids improve memory and recall skills to remember information they have heard or learned in the past
- Even if you are not interested in sports, it is still a great topic to know about to socialize with other people who love sports.
- If your family loves sports, use sports questions to do a family trivia night! It will be a lot of fun.
Sports Trivia Questions
Here are the top 30 sports trivia questions and answers. Hope you have fun solving these sports questions.
Easy Sports Trivia for Kids
Try answering these easy sports jeopardy questions.
- Which sport is known as the “king of sports”?
- How many players are on a basketball team?
- What is the name of the American football championship game?
Answer: Super Bowl
- What is the name of the ball used in volleyball?
- What is the thing you hit in a badminton game called?
Answer: shuttlecock or shuttle
- What is the equipment that you use to hit the tennis ball?
- How many bases are there on a baseball field?
- How many players are on a soccer team?
- In what sport would you use the terms ‘birdie’ and ‘eagle’?
- What is the name of the flat rubber disc used in ice hockey?
Tricky Sports Questions for Kids
Did you get all the easy sports questions right? If you did, it’s time to move on to trickier questions.
- Which country has won the most World Cups in soccer?
- Which boxer was known as ‘The Greatest”?
Answer: Muhammad Ali
- Which country has won the most Olympic gold medals in history?
Answer: the United States
- In what year were the first modern Olympic Games held?
- In which sport do competitors use foil, épée, or sabre?
- What is the term used to describe swimming the length of a pool and back?
- What is the name of the equipment used to hit a golf ball?
Answer: golf club
- Who is the only soccer player to win three World Cup championships?
- In which sport can you have a knuckleball or a curveball?
- What is the sport where you throw “stones/rocks” into a “house”?
Hard Sports Trivia
Let’s see if you can also answer the hardest sports trivia questions too!
- Which major tennis tournament is played on a grass court?
- Which major tennis tournament is played on a clay court?
Answer: The French Open
- What is the name of the maneuver where a figure skater jumps into the air and rotates 3 time before landing?
Answer: Triple axel
- What are the three sports in triathlon, and in what order are they?
Answer: swim, bike, and run
- Which sport did Babe Ruth play?
- How long is a full marathon?
Answer: 26 miles / 42 km
- Who is the only athlete to have won gold in the 100m, 200m, and 4x100m relay at three consecutive Olympic Games?
Answer: Usain Bolt
- How many Olympic medals did American swimmer Micahel Phelps win before he retired?
Answer: 28 medals
- What is the name of the American cyclist who won the Tour De France seven times in a row from 1999 to 2005?
Answer: Lance Armstrong
- What is the name of the Korean figure skater who won gold at the 2010 Winter Olympics and has her own signature spin?
Answer: Yuna Kim
FAQs About Sports Trivia
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about sports trivia for kids.
Who is the best soccer player in the world?
Although there could be many answers to this question, a lot of people believe that some of the best soccer players are Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Neymar Jr.
Who is the greatest basketball player of all time?
Some of the best basketball players include Michael Jordan, LeBron James, and Kobe Bryant.
Who is the fastest man in the world?
Usain Bolt is considered to be the fastest man in the world. He has many world records, including, but not limited to, 100m in 9.58 seconds, 200m in 19.19 seconds, and 4x100m relay in 36.84 seconds.
Sports Trivia: Join the Conversation
What are your thoughts on these sports trivia questions for kids? Some of the sports questions can be quite difficult to answer! We hope you have learned something new from these sports quizzes. If there is another topic that you want us to come up with fun trivia questions about, let us know in the comments. We’d love to hear from you.