Are you looking for science trivia? Science trivia questions teach kids interesting facts about the world. Trivia questions make learning science fun and engaging. Also, science questions can encourage children to develop an interest in science. Continue reading to find science trivia questions and answers for kids.
Science Trivia Questions
Our top 30 science questions cover a variety of areas, such as biology, physics, space, earth, and the environment. Interesting science questions will teach you some cool facts about nature and science.
Our science trivia questions can be used in a variety of ways:
- Classroom activities
- Study aids
- Family activities
- Online quizzes
- Game and jeopardy
Most of our questions are for kids to develop an interest in science and test how well they know about science. However, teachers and parents can also have fun answering these science questions. Some of the questions can be quite tricky!
More Trivia Questions for Kids
If you are looking for more trivia questions, check out these topics: food questions and animal questions.
Science Questions for Kids
Not all of your students or kids will know well about science. So, we’ve divided the science questions into three different categories: easy, hard, and interesting. We recommend starting with the easy science questions.
Easy Science Questions
Let’s get started with science questions that are easy.
- What are the eight planets?
Answer: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
- Humans and animals need something in the air in order to live. What is it?
- What is the largest planet in our solar system?
- Why can you see lightning before you can hear the thunder?
Answer: light travels faster than sound
- Who developed the theory of evolution?
Answer: Charles Darwin
- Who discovered the laws of gravity?
Answer: Sir Isaac Newton
- What do you call the change of a substance from a liquid to a gas?
- What is the hardest known natural material
- What’s the boiling point of water?
Answer: 100 degrees Celcius
- What’s the freezing point of water?
Answer: 0 degrees Celcius
Hard Science Questions
Now, try solving these hardest science questions for kids.
- How many bones do sharks have in total?
Answer: None – sharks have cartilage instead of bones.
- What gas, released by a car, stops your blood from carrying oxygen?
Answer: carbon monoxide.
- Where can you find the smallest bone in the human body?
- How many hearts does an octopus have?
- What do you call someone who studies plants?
- What are the two systems that help us get nutrients from food and deliver them throughout our body?
Answer: digestive and circulatory
- If it is Summer in the USA, what season is it in Australia?
- What is magma that has erupted (reached the surface) called?
- In what units is electric power measured?
- What is the most famous theory that explains the way the universe began?
Answer: the Big Bang theory
Interesting Science Questions and Answers
Try answering these interesting science questions. You might learn something new!
- True or False: About 75% of your brain is made of water
- True or False: Jupiter is the fastest spinning planet in the solar system.
- True or False: Your heart beats about 10,000 times a day.
Answer: False – it beats about 100,000 times a day!
- True or False: When you blink an eye, 20 muscles move.
Answer: False – 200 muscles move when you blink.
- True or False: The sun is earth’s primary source of energy.
- What is the name of the galaxy that earth is located in?
Answer: the Milky Way galaxy
- How many elements are listed in the periodic table?
- What two elements is water made of?
Answer: Hydrogen and Oxygen
- What is the largest bone in the human body?
Answer: The femur (thigh bone)
- Which planet was declassified as a planet in 2006?
FAQs About Scientific Trivia for Kids
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about science trivia questions.
What are some good science trivia questions?
Check out these science trivia questions:
- What is the largest organ in the human body? (Answer: the skin)
- How many bones are in the human body? (Answer: 206 bones)
- What is the name of the smallest unit of matter? (Answer: atoms)
- What is the process by which green plants use sunlight to make their own food? (Answer: photosynthesis)
What are some science topics for kids?
Science topics for kids include animals, astronomy, biology, chemistry, earth science, and electricity.
What are 5 interesting facts about science?
Check out the 5 most interesting facts about science for kids:
- The human nose can detect over 1 trillion different scents.
- The human brain has the ability to store more information than all the libraries in the world combined.
- The earth’s core is as hot as the surface of the sun.
- Sharks have been around for at least 400 million years.
- If you travel at the speed of light, it only takes 0.1337 seconds to go around the earth.
Science Questions for Kids: Join the Conversation
What are your thoughts on these science trivia questions for kids? Did you find any of these questions tricky? Let us know if your kids or students learned something new. We’d love to hear from you!