Animal trivia questions are great for kids and families. We collected 30+ animal trivia questions that are easy, fun, and tricky. You can test how well you know about animals and also learn new things. Continue reading to check out our animal trivia for kids!
Animal Trivia for Kids
Trivia is a great activity for kids. Whether you are a teacher looking for fun animal questions for jeopardy or someone looking for animal questions for kids, animal trivia for kids is going to be a great option. Animal trivia questions for kids can be a fun and educational way to learn and teach information about animals.
With our animal trivia for kids, you will be able to learn about the following information:
- different types of animals
- animal behaviours
- animal habitats
- and more about animals!
More Activities for Kids
If you are looking for more trivia questions, check out quiz questions on food and science Just like animals, food is another topic that all kids love! Also, check out these activities for kids: Guessing Games and Fun Classroom Games.
Animal Trivia Questions
We divided the animal trivia questions for kids into three categories: easy, hard, and funny. Try answering the animal quiz for kids in the order of difficulty!
Easy Animal Trivia Questions
Test how well you know about animals. Can you answer these easy trivia questions about animals?
- What kind of animal is a dolphin?
- True or False? Owls are far-sighted, meaning that anything within a few inches/centimeters of their eyes can’t be seen properly.
Answer: True, owls are far-sighted
- Name one big cat which doesn’t roar.
Possible Answers: cheetah, cougar, mountain lion, puma, panther, snow and cloud leopard
- What is the largest penguin?
Answer: Emperor penguin
- What is the deadliest snake in the world?
Answer: Black mamba
- Which animal is known as man’s best friend?
- What is the tallest animal in the world?
- Which animal eats the largest amount of bamboo?
Answer: (giant) pandas
- What do bears, chipmunks, and bats do to save energy and survive the winter?
- What is a female deer called?
Hard Animal Trivia Questions
Did you get all the easy animal questions correct? Now, let’s move on to hard animal trivia questions.
- What is the largest primate in the world?
Answer: Eastern gorilla
- What is the name of a person or animal that eats both plants and meat?
- What is the largest living land animal?
Answer: African elephant
- True or False? Cougars are herbivores.
Answer: False – they are carnivores.
- True or False? Dogs can see the colour red.
Answer: False – Dogs can’t see the range of colors from green to red.
- What is a group of birds called?
- What is the name of an adult female horse?
- What are baby goats called?
- What is a baby seal called?
- What was the first bird to be domesticated by mam?
Funny Animal Trivia True or False Questions
We also have funny and interesting animal trivia questions. Can you get all the true or false animal questions correct?
- True or False: Some tigers have the same stripes.
Answer: False – no two tigers have the exact same stripes.
- True or False: Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
- True or False: Dolphins sleep with all eyes closed.
Answer: False – dolphins sleep with one eye closed.
- True or False: Butterflies taste with their feet.
- True or False: Alligators were around in the time of the dinosaurs.
Answer: True – the first alligator lived 245 million years ago.
- True or False: A flamingo’s head has to be upside down when it eats.
- True or False: Elephants are heavier than blue whales.
Answer: False – most blue whales weigh more than elephants.
- True or False: A cockroach’s brain is in its body.
- True or False: Frogs have a 360 degrees visual range.
- True or False: Both female and male mosquitoes bite.
Answer: False – only female mosquitoes bite.
FAQs About Animal Trivia Questions for Kids
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about animal facts quiz.
What are good questions to ask kids about animals?
Good questions to ask kids about animals:
- What’s your favourite animal and why?
- Can you name some animals that are endangered?
- Can you name some animals that live in the ocean?
- What’s the largest animal on earth?
What are fun quiz questions for kids?
Some fun quiz questions to ask children:
- How many legs does a spider have? (Answer: eight)
- What is the name of the bird that can mimic human speech? (Answer: parrot)
- What is the name of the animal that eats only bamboo? (Answer: Panda)
- What is the name of the fastest bird in the world? (Answer: peregrine falcon)
- What is the name of the largest reptile in the world? (Answer: saltwater crocodile)
Is there a zoo animal guessing game?
What are animals facts for kids?
Interesting animal facts for kids:
- The tongue of a blue whale can weigh as much as an adult elephant.
- Tigers have stripes on their skin, not just their fur.
- A group of meerkats is called a mob.
- A group of lions is called a pride.
Animal Trivia for Kids: Join the Conversation
What are your thoughts on these trivia questions for kids about animals? You can use these animal fact questions for discussion, quiz, or jeopardy. Let us know if your kids or students learned something new. We’d love to hear from you.